Do you love the energy of a start-up environment, customizing and choosing your own gear, learning and applying the latest technologies? How about getting in at the beginning with a clean slate? If so, then read on.
Located steps from the Pike Place Market, Ritani is a small, but well-funded, early stage start-up with offices in New York and Seattle. We are revolutionizing the diamond and fine jewelry category with an omnichannel approach that partners with local jewelers to create a real 'bricks and clicks' experience for consumers. The founding team has a proven track record in e-commerce success at scale. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test who is excited about creating and continuously enhancing a technology platform to power a world-class customer experience and high-end brand.
The ideal ‘fit’ is passionate about both the art and the science in creating rich, innovative and scalable online experiences through a variety of software challenges. You’ll want to develop innovative solutions that push the limits of web technology today and take advantage of the best in productivity and scalable designs. You’ll get to work with a team of UX design, software engineers, product management, QA, and the executive team on a day-to-day basis (hey, it’s a small team).
What You'll Do
- Work on various components ranging from database design, integrating web services, web application and back end layers that facilitate an engaging customer shopping experience.
- Research, learn and apply the latest generation web development technologies. Develop primarily using Ruby on Rails, various gems, Spree, MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Mentor other developers on best practices and application of various technologies.
- Learn and apply best practices in developing an ecommerce platform while ensuring the creation of functional, extensible and scalable design.
- Effectively communicate and share ideas, use cases, functional and technical requirements, software estimation, task breakdown and prioritization.
- Utilize and adopt best practices, design principles and architecture, code reviews, and software estimation.
- Advise the company how to leverage new technologies and practices to achieve its goals.
- Create and configure your own gear.
What you Bring
- B.A. / B.S. in Computer Science or related field, 5+ years of software engineering experience (ideally in e-commerce or building web based applications and system architecture at scale).
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails and familiarity with various gems is ideal or utilization of other MVC patterned languages like ASP.NET MVC, DJango and cakePHP.
- Experience using core object oriented languages such as Java or C++/C#.
- Experience with server based technologies, caching mechanisms and back end integrations.
- Experience integrating with web services via RESTFUL API’s, JSON, SOAP/XML.
- Strong communication skills.
- Being autonomous and accountable with a passion to learn, grow and innovate while delivering.