Do you love the energy of a start-up environment, and the idea of helping to take a company to the next level? If so, then read on.
Ritani is a small, but well-funded, early stage start-up with offices in New York and Seattle. We are revolutionizing the diamond and fine jewelry category with an omni-channel approach that partners with local jewelers to create a real 'bricks and clicks' experience for consumers. The founding team has a proven track record in e-commerce success at scale. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer who is excited about creating and continuously enhancing a technology platform to power a world-class customer experience with a high-end brand.
Ritani was named one of Washington’s 100 best companies to work for in 2014.
The ideal ‘fit’ is passionate about both the art and the science of creating rich, innovative, and scalable online experiences through a variety of software challenges. You’ll want to develop innovative solutions that push the limits of web technology today and take advantage of the best in productivity and scalable designs. You’ll get to work with a team of UX design, software engineers, product management, QA, and the executive team on a day-to-day basis.
What You'll Do
- Work on various components ranging from database design, integrating web services, web application, and back end layers that facilitate an engaging customer shopping experience.
- Research, learn, and apply the latest generation web development technologies.
- Have flexibility around front end and background development
- On back end, develop primarily using Ruby on Rails, ElastiCache and Elastic Search
- Mentor other developers on best practices and application of various technologies.
- Effectively communicate and share ideas, use cases, functional and technical requirements, software estimation, task breakdown, and prioritization.
- Utilize and adopt best practices, design principles and architecture, code reviews, and software estimation.
- Advise the company how to leverage new technologies and practices to achieve its goals.
- Create and configure your own gear.
What you Bring
- B.A. / B.S. in Computer Science or related field, 5+ years of software engineering experience (ideally in e-commerce or building web based applications and system architecture at scale).
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails and familiarity with commonly-used gems.
- Experience with server based technologies, caching mechanisms, and back end integrations with other web services.
- Experience creating and integrating with web services via RESTFUL API’s, JSON, SOAP/XML.
- Strong communication skills.
- Being autonomous and accountable with a passion to learn, grow and innovate while delivering.