INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Data that you provide through the Site:
- Identity and Contact Data, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, tax status and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to our services;
- Financial and Payment Data, including your and other data necessary for for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code code numbers and other related billing information;
- Profile Data, including passwords to Ritani Sites or password protected platforms or services, your preferences in receiving marketing information from us, your communication preferences.;
- Technical and analytic Data, including usage information collected during your visits to the Site through cookies, clear gifs, log files, and other tracking technologies, and we may use third party analytics partners, such as Google Analytics, to assist with this collection. The type of information collected can include information about how you use the Sites (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click) information about your browser and usage patterns (e.g., referring/exit pages, page response times, download errors, length of visits and page interaction information the Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, and information about your device used to access the Site (e.g., mobile device ID, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform). We use this information to monitor aggregate use metrics, analyze traffic patterns, track content you may be interested in, diagnose and fix technology problems and otherwise plan for and enhance our website.
- Physical Access Data, relating to details of your visits to our stores for collection of products you purchased.
Statistical information: We use statistical information which may include Personal Data for aggregated anonymised analysis. Our Site receives and stores certain aggregated anonymised information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, is not used to specifically identify you. We use this information to understand how our Site is performing. The types of information we collect include, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitor's Internet service providers.
Third-party Internet Based Advertising: We also use third parties service providers for online advertising. These third-party advertising service providers may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits our Site and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information collected and used by these companies, please visit DAA opt-out program or NAI opt-out program. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
Aggregated Personal Data: In an on-going effort to better understand and serve the users of the Ritani Services, Ritani often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information that is collected and/or received from you through your use of the Site. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and Ritani may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Ritani may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Third-party Storefront Providers. Ritani may from time to time engage one or more third parties to provide storefront services on its behalf, e.g., present products for sale and process point of sale transactions. Personal data that you provide through the site may also be transmitted and stored by any such third parties, but only for the use and benefit of Ritani. Similarly, any use of your personal data and other information may be may by such third parties in providing any such storefront services, but again, solely for the use and benifit of Ritani; although such use may involve inclusion as part of anonymized and/or aggregated data used by third parties other than Ritani.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Data as well as other information that is collected and/or received by us in connection with your use of and/or access to the Site for the following purposes:
- process any transactions you make using the website, including contacting you if we have any query regarding orders or responding to any of your queries;
- provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- contact you (including by post, email and SMS) about our products, services, offers which we think may be of interest to you and for market research purposes, subject always to your marketing preferences;
- improve your browsing experience by developing and improving the design and layout of the website, through analysis of your usage;
- contact you for your feedback on our products and services, including requests for reviews, ratings and satisfaction surveys;
- contact you to provide you information about third party products, services or offers which may be of interest to you, subject always to your consent (if applicable) or your chosen marketing preferences (which you can update at any time);
- contact you in relation to any prize draws, competitions or other promotions that you have entered or subscribed to;
- for research, analysis and risk management; and
- enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and in the detection and prevention of theft, fraud or other crimes.
We would like to keep in touch with you about our services and products, but if you do not want to receive updates about our products and services, you can let us know at any time. You can do this either by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or "opt-out" by following the instructions in our emails.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data as well as other information that is collected and/or received by us in connection with your use of and/or access to the Site with certain third parties, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data, as well as other information that is collected and/or received from you through your use of the Sites may be part of the transferred assets. We will only disclose your information in relation to such potential transactions where it is necessary to do so.
Ritani affiliated companies and business partners: We may also share your Personal Data with our affiliates and business partners (i.e., retail jewelers we have a relationship with), including, without limitation, to provide personalized services, in order for you to engage in an in-person retail experience, to notify you of special and/or promotional offers, discounts and sales and to place you on mailing lists for newsletters. Free In-Store Preview may not be available in all areas. If required under applicable data protection laws, we will obtain your consent prior to sharing your Personal Data with such third parties for marketing. To request that you no longer receive communications from such third parties, please contact them directly. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing information at any time by either clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Agents, Consultants and Third Parties: Ritani, like many businesses, sometimes hires third party services provider to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information maintaining databases, managing customer reviews and moderation and processing payments (for example, Border Free, our third party services provider for international shipping). When we use such third party services providers to perform services on our behalf we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. In some cases these third parties may request additional information directly from you in order to carry out their services, these third parties may have their own privacy terms which we recommend you review.
Legal Requirements: Ritani may disclose your Personal Data, as well as other information that is received or collected in connection with your use of the Site if required to do so by law, rules or regulations or order or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Ritani, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can use the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain services or we may not be able to provide you with our products.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
Ritani takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Ritani via the Internet.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal information (as defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.83(e)(7) located at: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=1798.83.&lawCode=CIV) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request to access such information, please contact us at CCPA@ritani.com. After receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of such Personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
For California consumers who are California residents, please see our Notice to California Consumers subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
For the purposes of applicable data protection law (in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "GDPR"), your data will be controlled by Ritani.
The GDPR entitles European residents certain rights in relation to their Personal Data. Under certain circumstances, if you are a European resident by law you have the right to:
- update, modify, delete or obtain (commonly known as a "subject access request") a copy of the Personal Data that we hold on you; or
- restrict or stop us from using any of the Personal Data which we hold about you.
You can exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We endeavour to respond to such requests within a month or less, although we reserve the right to extend this period for requests we deem complex. Where appropriate, we will respond to your requests in writing or by email. If you require our response in a different format, please let us know.
In addition, if EU based individuals have a complaint about the way that we have handled their personal information or a data subject access request, they have the right to contact a supervisory authority to lodge a complaint. They may contact the supervisory authority in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where they work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Last updated: May 28th, 2020